Gender / Preferred pronoun
Particular qualities / experiences relevant for mentorship
• Experience of serving as a mentor for Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) since 2013.
• Formally mentored x8 trainees over the last 8 years with excellent feedback received.
• Recipient of “Trainee Teacher of the Year” and “Teaching Excellence Award” (Deanery awards)
• Attendance of four Coaching and Mentoring courses organised by The Royal College of Physicians, ASiT and Institute of Leadership and Management.
• Member of the founding Committee of the ASiT national mentoring scheme.
• Founder and Chair of CollabORTHO, a national undergraduate teaching and mentoring collaboration.
• Experience of coming to a foreign country away from family at the age of 16, working throughout medical school to fund my tuition fee and living cost, securing training posts without any career breaks, experience of studying and working in different regions (Imperial College London -> NE Thames London FY -> Yorkshire CT -> Kent Surrey and Sussex ST).
• Experience of several leadership positions, completing a higher degree (MSc Trauma with Distinction) whilst working full-time, working as a registrar, and passing FRCS Exams with a young family and securing competitive fellowship posts in Hip & Knee Arthroplasty (The Thackray Fellowship Wrightington & St. George’s Hospital)
Grades willing to mentor
Foundation stage to early registrar years